- Our Facility dogs are trained to the level of a service dog in obedience, and must meet all of the standards as laid out in the minimum standards for Assistance Dogs in Public. (PAT) Public access test.
- Professionals from agencies wishing to be K9 handlers are entrusted with the care and continued training of the dog. K9 handlers are trained in correct handling techniques and how the dogs should be correctly cared for.
- Ongoing support is vital in our program to give each agency the best outcome for themselves and their clients, and as such help is available from K9 Support on an ongoing basis.
- Dogs are selected from registered breeders, and are health and temperament tested, as Facility dogs are true "working dogs" and are trained to go to work each day in a challenging environment.
- Therapy dogs are also sourced from registered breeders and are health and temperament tested.
Tessa is a qualified Counsellor, dog trainer, dog behaviourist and Veterinary Nurse, who has been working with dogs for the last 28 years.
Tessa has memberships in the following:
- APDT (Association Pet Dog Trainers)
- MDBA (Master Dog Breeders Association)
- Dogs Victoria.
Tracey has been working with dogs for 20 years and has been training puppies for service dog work for the last five years, and brings with her a wealth of knowledge.